Sunday, December 23, 2012

Iphone 5 - STOLEN!

The Setting

On Friday, I had an early breakfast meeting in Port Huron. It was snowing, 90 miles away, and I saw >5 cars in the ditch. On the drive home, I desperately needed to drop the kids off at the pool.

By the time I got back to work, I was in bad shape. I rushed in to the bathroom, did my business, pulled out my phone to play "words with friends," and left the bathroom - and my phone. About 20 minutes later, I realized I didn't have my phone. I called it, but it went straight to voicemail. Strange. I remembered the last time I had my phone was on the pot, so I hurried back to retrieve it. Gone.

Panicked, I came back to my desk, looked everywhere, called it again, logged in to icloud/find iphone, and it was not on the radar. Gone. Someone had taken it, and immediately removed the SIM card making it anonymous. Crushed.

Fortunately, I kept my old Iphone 4 and was able to activate it so at least I have a phone. But it sucks compared to the 5. Slower, slower, slower. Plus the home button sticks, which is incredibly frustrating.

Finally, I have a plan. I am going to bring my dad on to my plan, buy a new 5 under his phone number, then trade the 5 for the 4 so he is better off, I get the 5 and only need to pay $127 (special walmart price). Obviously, this is much better than paying $700 for a new phone or sticking with the old 4.

Lesson Learned: don't play words with friends in the shitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment